The third roundup of readers’ regrettable habits underscores the truth that, for a lot of, disgrace comes from having fun with the Safer at Home order greater than they assume they need to.
For others, the rule-flouting comes within the type of not staying at dwelling after they know they need to. (When you missed the earlier two installments, the primary offers with hoarding and enjoying work-from-home hooky and the second catalogs must-read confessions of illicit haircuts and hookups.)
Now on to the most recent batch of confessions.
Shutdown? I’m lovin’ it!
- It merely hasn’t been that troublesome for me to remain remoted. Clearly I’m extra comfy being remoted than I understand as a result of a lot of the time I’m not even interested by what’s occurring exterior. I’m extraordinarily comfy doing my very own factor. I assume I’m extra of an introvert than I noticed.
- Earlier than COVID-19, I had already lengthy remoted myself. I labored from dwelling earlier than I retired and, throughout retirement, I’ve stayed principally at dwelling and ordered all my groceries on-line. Due to COVID-19, a lot of the world is now residing my chosen life, and after they complain and moan about it, it makes me really feel like a freak.
- I lastly have a strong motive for not visiting my in-laws. Imagine me, this has been so restorative for my emotional well being.
- I’m discovering new locations round the home to be alone, a distinct chair with a particular snack, hand-sewing a seam that may have been taken to a tailor [and] streaming classical music concert events on my laptop computer in my workplace.
- I’ve developed Stockholm Syndrome. I’m falling in love with COVID-19, my captor. No extra twice-daily, hour-plus commutes on the 405 [Freeway]. No extra bras, excessive heels and different uncomfortable clothes objects. Hiya to sleeping in; cheers to night cocktails on the patio and the luxurious of…